Sklps Volleyball Tournament
SKLPS VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
It is our pleasure to invite you to our SKLPS Volleyball Tournament.
Please find enclosed registration form and rules for the tournament. The deadline for the registration is Aug 27th, 2022. All registered teams are required to pay an entry fee by the day of the tournament. Your fee will include lunch for each player. All teams must arrive by 8:30 am at Community Pavilion at 9401 S. Oak Park Ave, Oak Lawn, IL – 60453.
Details for the tournament are as follows:
Date: Saturday, August 27th, 2022
Time: 8:30 am to 9:00 am – Registration / Warm-up
9:00 am – Tournament Begins
Location: Community Pavilion
9401 S. Oak Park Ave, Oak Lawn, IL – 60453
SKLPS VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT SKLPS
1. SKLPS PLAYERS ONLY
2. No foul language or alcohol allowed inside the premises.
3. Each team will play a certain number of games depending on the number of teams that participate.
4. First round games will be 11 points rally or 11 minutes whichever comes first. If the score is tied at the end of regulation, the game shall be continued and whichever team that wins the point will receive the win or if score is not tied than team that has more points will receive the win.
5. Players can’t be interchange between the teams, if found the opposite team will receive the win.
6. During the game each team will be allowed 1 time-outs of 30 seconds each.
7. 3 hits are Permitted.
8. Fingering, attacking, or spiking is only permitted on the first hit. Fingering, attacking, or spiking is NOT permitted on the second or third hit.
9. Switching Allowed, Front can switch with only front, no back row switching. You must go back to your rotated position before the serve starts.
10.No blocking will be allowed unless blocking a spike.
11.Over elbow and body part not allowed (kicking not allowed either)
12.A player may only serve after the head referee has blown the whistle. During service if it touches the net considered a foul.
13.If the ball hits the line during serve it will be considered out, but after the first hit lines are considered in.
14. Crossing completely over the center line is a foul; merely stepping on the center line is not.
15.If the ball hits the ceiling during play, and it lands on the same side and has not bounced off the side wall or side curtains, then you can hit the ball and you may continue to play if you get the ball back to the other side within top of the net. Hitting side walls or curtains are automatically out.
16. Only the captain from the team may question a call. The head referee's decision is final and if head referee has a question, he should consult organizer before making final decision. Organizer can overturn the referee decision if it was related to wrong interpretation of rules.
17. A technical foul may be assessed by a referee, if in his opinion; a player conducts himself in an un sports man like manner. Upon such assessment, the referee shall award SKLPS VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT SKLPS Volleyball Club a point to the opposing team plus a loss of service to the guilty team if it had the service at the time of the foul. Repeated or willful violations of the rules may subject in a loss of game, player, or disqualification at the discretion of the Tournament Committee and/or referee.
18. At the conclusion of each game both captains must sign the score form. It is the referee’s responsibility to return the score form to the main scoreboard immediately. Each team must have 2 players after each game to help officiate the next game.
19. The game shall adhere to the rules as interpreted by the tournament committee, and its sole discretion, may add, delete, or modify any rule(s) if it is in the best interest of all teams.
20.Clean up your mess.
21.Everyone is responsible for their own health and safety, if for any reason someone gets hurt during the game or in or around the volleyball court as well as anywhere else in and around the building, it is their own responsibility.
22.As everyone knows this is a combined group event and no one is in charge the Organizers will not be held responsible and liable for anyone's health, safety, or their magical cost
23.Play at your own risk.
24.Everyone must sign location waivers.
25.It is each captain's responsibility to make sure their team knows these rules and all the captains take full responsibility for their team's health and safety.
26.Always follow Facility rules.
27.Play-off teams will be selected according to: 1. Win-loss record 2. Total points scored 3. One point game.
You must be free of any symptoms before entering the building on the day of the tournament.
Some of the symptoms related to COVID-19, as identified by the CDC, include:
• Fever above 100.4° F
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Coughing • Chills
• Repeated shaking with chills
• Muscle pain/body aches
• Sore throat
• Recent loss of the sense of taste or smell
• Congestion/runny nose
• Gastrointestinal symptoms which may include diarrhea, nausea or vomiting If an individual has any of these symptoms and they are not due to a preexisting underlying chronic health condition, DO NOT ATTEND THE TOURNAMENT